Baker & Partners are looking for an enthusiastic Paralegal.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of our expert legal team.
Main duties & responsibilities
Providing relevant support to the more senior lawyers in the firm to enable them to give a consistently excellent level of service to the firm’s clients. Responsibilities include:
- Agreeing a clear plan for the administration of each legal matter at the outset with the senior lawyer on the matter and ensuring the plan is adhered to.
- Creating a ‘blue book’ for each legal matter and maintaining the same;
- Legal and document research
- Assisting with disclosure tasks
- Document management (hardcopy and electronic filing) and photocopying
- Preparation of court bundles
- Assisting with procedural aspects of case conduct
- Attending client conferences and court hearings when required, taking accurate notes and preparing typed copies for later reference.
- Preparation of good first drafts of:
- dramatis personae
- witness statements
- correspondence; and
- simple pleadings e.g. summonses
- To provide a high quality legal service to all B&P clients.
Personal Specification – experience and attributes required:
- Strong academics. Educated to degree level (or equivalent), having preferably obtained a 2:1 or above.
- Completed or working towards the BPTC or LPC with previous experience in a legal environment, ideally in a similar role.
- Possesses or is willing to proactively develop a thorough understanding of civil and criminal procedure.
- Demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation, whilst working closely with other team members.
- Demonstrate commitment to the success of the firm.
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to prioritise effectively to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy.
- Highly effective organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills including proficiency in spoken and written English.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Possess a good working knowledge of Jersey law and legal procedure.
- Demonstrate competence in legal research and the ability to accurately identify and analyse key points.
- Display competence in drafting legal documents
- IT literate
- Be able to make accurate notes in line with the Firm’s best practice.
About the Firm
Baker and Partners is the premier a specialist offshore litigation and dispute resolution practice in Jersey. The firm strives to provide our clients with excellent professional services focused upon effective and, as necessary, innovative solutions to their legal problems. We provide our clients with the highest quality court representation should their case require it. We have obtained Tier 1 listing for Legal 500 both as a firm and for our leading individuals. We are also recognised in Chambers & Partners UK Offshore Dispute Resolution Guide.
Baker & Partners is an equal opportunities employer. If you would like to receive further details of this promising opportunity, please make an application and submit your CV to email@example.com
Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.