Eleanor is a Senior Associate at Baker & Partners and an English Solicitor.
She has a busy Jersey practice and a particular interest in contentious and non-contentious trusts work, commercial disputes and regulatory matters. Eleanor was sworn in as a Jersey Advocate in December 2021, following successful completion of the Jersey Law exams.
Eleanor is building a broad Jersey practice with a particular focus on contentious commercial and private client work. She is a Senior Associate and dual qualified English solicitor and Jersey Advocate.
Eleanor has a good knowledge of offshore corporate and private wealth structures, having trained at a full service Jersey firm, and uses this knowledge to inform her litigation practice. She is equally comfortable advising institutional or individual clients. Eleanor enjoys problem-solving, and is happy to work with other legal teams to achieve the best solution for a client. Her experience in transactional work means she is adept at case management and gives clear, commercial advice.
In addition to her commercial and private client work, Eleanor has also assisted in the prosecution of a Jersey bank for AML offences (the first financial services firm to be prosecuted under the current AML regime) and acted for the Delegate of the Plaintiffs in two of Jersey’s most high value personal injury claims, including the first periodical payments order under the Damages (Jersey) Law 2019.
Examples of Eleanor’s recent matters include:
• Assisting in an unfair prejudice claim (representing the majority shareholder).
• Acting for a Kenyan company in a claim for breach of duty/breach of trust and
dishonest assistance against its former directors and a Jersey trustee.
• Advising multiple Middle Eastern banks on asset recovery and disclosure
orders in Jersey.
• Acting for a former company director in a claim alleging breach of fiduciary
duty and conspiracy.
• Advising a Jersey fund in the context of threatened litigation by an investor.
• Advising a beneficiary on issues arising out of the family trust structure.